As a global food and beverage company, this year’s theme, Water and Food Security, is very important to PepsiCo. We believe in good water stewardship and recognize that water is fundamental to our ability to operate efficiently. We help conserve global water supplies and help provide access to safe water. Along with our partners, we engage in multiple ways around this important issue. Here are just a few examples:
- Check out Dan Bena’s blog, Rethinking Water and Business, where he discusses his “careful celebration” in regards to the recent announcement by the United Nations that the Millennium Development Goal for access to clean water has been reached, ahead of the target date of 2015. Dan also talks about PepsiCo’s belief that water stewardship is an important part of our core business.
- Our partners at the Earth Institute just did some great infographics that highlight our work together and show:
- The Story of Water in Ceará, Brazil
- The Story of Water in India
- The Earth Institute also just released a video with PepsiCo Foundation support, Deeper than Water that can’t be missed.
- We are proud to work with a great group of partners through our business and our philanthropic arm, the PepsiCo Foundation including The Nature Conservancy, Water.org, Safe Water Network and the Earth Institute.
- We are also delighted to have recently won several awards for our water activities:
- 2012 U.S. Water Prize, given by the Clean Water America Alliance, for our corporate-wide stewardship on water and energy conservation
- Gold Green Apple Award, sponsored by the Green Organization, for our PepsiCo South America, Caribbean and Central America team’s project, “Water: we love it and we care for it.”
For more information about the importance of water to PepsiCo please see our website and let us know what you are doing to recognize World Water Day!